Have you ever been chatting with someone and thought, “what should we talk about?” Well, you can always ask them questions about books. Most of us have read at least one book in our lives, even it was 20 years ago. In this article, I want to share my list of questions about books that you can ask your friends.
1. What’s the first book you ever read?
2. Did your parents read to you when you were a kid?
3. Who’s your favorite book character?
4. Who’s your favorite author and favorite book by them?
5. What genres do you like?
6. Are there any genres you despise?
7. What author would you love to meet?
8. Have you ever met an author in person? Where?
9. Do you like ebooks or paperbacks? Why?
10. Have you ever read a book that self-published?
11. What book or series would you like to see adapted into a movie or TV show?
12. Are there any movie adaptations out there that were better than the original?
13. What’s more essential to you: the story or prose?
14. What attracts you to a book?
15. Have you read any of the classics?
16. Has a book ever given you nightmares?
17. Are there any books that are popular but you hate?
18. Are there any books that are unpopular but are your secret pleasure?
19. What’s your favorite book cover?
20. Do you like new books or new ones
21. What was your favorite book growing as a child?
22. How many books do you read each month?
23. Do you wish you had more time to read?
24. Do you write reviews on Amazon or Goodreads?
25. Where do you find new books?
26. Have you ever been a part of a book club?
27. Where do you usually read?
28. What dead author would you have liked to meet?
29. Within your favorite genre, which author is the best.
30. What tropes do you enjoy? Anti-heroes, orphans, love triangles, double-crosses, femme fatales?
31. Are there any books you haven’t completed
32. What are some of your most cherished scenes or quotes from a book?
33. Which books did you read while in K-12
34. Are there any books you could read once a month and never get tired of?
35. What’s the last book you bought or read?
36. Do you like to organize your books on a bookshelf or keep them on a computer device?
37. What book would you recommend that I read?
38. When did you last visited a library?
39. Have you had a crush on a character from a book?
40. Has a book made you laugh out loud?
41. Has a book made you cry?
42. Are you good at guessing twists or being able to see what’s coming? Have any stories genuinely shocked you?
43. What’s your favorite drink, snack, or beverage to have beside you while you’re reading?
44. What book will you read next?