University is where debate topics can be their most complex and controversial. However, they must be relevant, significant, and clearly demonstrate the students’ skills and knowledge.
Because of this, it can be challenging to choose an appropriate topic. Here are a few:
- Does cheating become worse when students enroll in tertiary education?
- Does living in a dorm promote student assimilation into the college community, or is it harmful to the educational process?
- Should there be tracking devices in student IDs?
- Is technology an obstacle when studying or a useful tool?
- Are online lessons and lectures less effective than in-person interaction with professors?
Relevant Topics of Debate for Undergraduates
We’ve already provided you with some helpful tips on how to choose the right topic for debates based on level; now, here are some more topics for college students:
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Alternative energy sources: are they effective?
- Are single-sex schools more effective than co-ed schools?
- Social networking: its impact on societal development
- Should prescription medications be advertised to the public?
- Should we use school vouchers?
- Should drug testing be mandatory for all schools?
- Are beauty pageants a way to objectify women?
- Are curfews effective at keeping teenagers out of trouble?
- Should parents be allowed to ban certain books from school libraries?